Good morning. Start the conversation.
The convention is over.
As usual, there is much to talk about as those of us who attend, rest up, decompress, etc. Snyder got his ‘conservative’ to run with again, the U of M regent race mixed it up a little differently than some might have expected, and there is a renewed impetus to get behind Terri Lynn Land.
A quick summary of my own thoughts
- Snyder-Calley yuck ticket. Missed opportunity and a race to watch (shades of Romney; w/6 million sitting on hands) in disappointment.
- Land moved to top of ticket and should stay away from embracing the homophile agenda or risk losing remaining conservatives.
- Ruth Johnson is still THIS VOTER’s top of ticket.
- U of M ticket construct may have made it possible for MiGOP to win Regent races as well as assist in higher ups (reverse coattails)
- Sakwa Foster Ticket may even do well this time.
I will try to elaborate tonight or tomorrow.