Continuing Education Unit requirements?
My friend Abby is right about outright partisanship being counter productive when fighting big (and oppressive) gov.
I understand that the Republican party has many things to say about Democrat politicians, but all of it is useless blather if the Republicans are complicit in their action, or lack thereof. Think state police ticketing for haircuts, and state attorney generals ordering license revocation because someone needs to work to live.
We’ve said it often enough here, that an R or D is no guarantee. Our state government mechanization has reached critical mass, and is much like an overly aggressive and hungry dog that knows no master any longer, and sees us as its meal. The binding chain needs to be far stronger, or the beast needs to be put down. The dog should not be in control of US.
Today she sends this:
Step one to stopping the healthcare mandate for Implicit Bias Training is to clear some barriers.
Lack of CEU awareness means no constituency for legislators to change the law.
Solution: Build on awareness of state interference in healthcare during COVID. Grow a coalition around the facts.
You’re being baited into a trap. Don’t take the bait!
1. Implicit Bias creates an irresistible urge to spout party politics, no matter which party you belong to.
2. Politics is a great American sport, but this time – Resist the urge!
Lots of reasons:
3. Truth – Both parties are at fault: Governor Whitmer mandated it, Governor Snyder grew state healthcare power that assured there would be more mandates like this. It’s what bureaucracies do, because they can.
4. To quote my parents: “Fighting about blame doesn’t clean up the mess.”
5. Political footballs energize elections, but no real change. They enable the status quo.
6. For real change, the issue needs to be real to people – not hyped.
7. There’s nothing more real than our healthcare system being ruined by politics.
8. Good policy change, like good healthcare, goes deeper than politics.
- Most people think licenses and CEUs ensure quality. According to the Mackinac Center, this assumption is unproven at best, and as shown during COVID, they actually create barriers to care.
- The 400,000+ licensed Michigan clinicians affected by the CEU mandate – doctors, nurses, PAs, and all the rest – entered healthcare for the patients in front of them. Arbitrary state rules cut into precious care time..
- Clinicians leave politics at home. They may not realize how politicized implicit bias has become. In their context, it’s an academic psychology term.
- Current political connotations and counterproductive mandates are explained impartially here. For deeper historic context, see here.
- Clinicians are used to CEUs, but that doesn’t mean they like them.
- CEUs tend to represent special interests (such as pharmaceuticals) or established practice (boring old news to clinicians).
- “It’s hard to keep up with it all,” a clinician with multiple degrees told me this week.
- It’s time for us to ask – Why should they?
To build constituency for repealing CEU mandates:
- Talk to people.
- Start with everyone you know in healthcare.
- Give them information like MHF Insights (last week’s here). Ask them to talk to their coworkers and legislators.
- Online petitions raise awareness, though they don’t directly change law.
- If you start one, please share it to Michigan Healthcare Freedom’s facebook group!
- Letters to the Editor make a big impact, because influencers read.
- Tune in and talk! I’ve been invited to interview at 9:30 am today on West Michigan Live w/ Justin Barclay, Newsradio WOOD 1300 and 106.9 FM. I hope to share the link with you next week.
PS. Imagine how easy this would be to share if it were a blog post!
That dream may soon be a reality, thanks to help from donors and volunteers. We’ve finished designing the MHF website, and a web builder contract awaits Board approval. You can help.
Debra White, MHF Treasurer, has created a birthday fundraiser designating MHF as her nonprofit recipient. Join the dedicated MHF donors to top off the MHF website fund and grow the conversation!
Abigail Nobel, BSN, RN, MA
Michigan Healthcare Freedom
“Healthcare has barriers. We expose them.”
Donate to MHF, PO Box 72 Burnips, MI 49314 or PayPal
Get more from Michigan Healthcare Freedom – MI residents can join the conversation on Facebook. Everyone is invited to follow the Page and LinkedIn.
We’ve got her covered for now.