Self Reflection for the politician
Are you an elected official?
- Do you believe that we must all eventually face our maker, and answer for our actions?
- As an elected person, are you a person who sees an opportunity to advance your influence over your community, or to make that influence less impactful and imposing?
- Have you considered that every new rule you make or support, generally creates a new burden on someone? Or that at the very least, you ‘shift’ the burden from one party to another?
- When you vote to enact new restrictions, do you find yourself justifying the decisions based on your own contemplation, or by reasoning offered from others?
- Do you see new taxes as a source of that allows government to improve its services, or as a way to control behavior?
- Has your election changed how you feel about new rules, taxes, or government’s role in people life?
- Has your election changed how you see the size of government? Is it too-big, just-right, or not-enough?
- In the performance of your duties, are you inclined to create new restrictions or find new ways to liberate your voters?
- In reviewing your record to date, would you you be truly proud of the decisions you’ve made – IF viewing them through the your pre-elected lens and focus?
You Betcha! (7)Nuh Uh.(0)