Anyone still believe that the Democrats won the election?
— Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) November 19, 2020
Well, it’s in the hopper.
Yesterday afternoon, Rep. LaFave introduced HR 324 to initiate impeachment proceeding against one Gretchen Esther Whitmer.
Take you pick on which one is the best reason:
- Abusing her power.
- Adversely affecting the education of millions of Michigan Students by depriving them of a proper education. (Work with me on this one, people)
- Ignoring her oath of office and using the Michigan Constitution to wipe her backside with.
- The deaths of thousands of Michigan Seniors with her “orders”.
The bill has been referred to the Committee on Government Operations.
It’s fate is inexplicably in limbo given SML Shirkey and Speaker Chatfield’s rather unusual tactic of waving the white flag, even after they both criticized the untold damage her actions have wrought on Michigan’s economy and general well being given her “orders” this year alone.
When you let a petulant child run wild for as long as you both have, and fail to act as a responsible adult (you know, that office you ran for), what other possible outcome did you expect?
My advice to readers, light up the phone lines, people!
It’s now or never!
Four years ago, I wrote a long analysis of How Trump won Michigan. The key points of that analysis are
- Trump did much better than other republicans in rural and downscale (working class/union) areas like Downriver, Macomb, suburban Genesee, and the northeastern Lower Peninsula.
- Trump did poorly in upscale (highly educated) suburbs in Oakland, Kent, and Kalamazoo counties.
- Turnout in Detroit was relatively poor, providing democrats with a relatively small absolute margin there.
Trump’s margin of victory in Michigan in 2016 was 10,704 votes. At the moment, the unofficial totals show Joe Biden with 2,804,039 votes and Trump with 2,649,852 votes. Biden’s margin over Trump is 154,187 votes. This analysis will consider county vote totals to determine where this shift occurred, and whether there is any reason to be suspicious of the official totals.
County Margin Changes
Trump’s performance by county is illustrated in the map below.
Data at the SOS website is broken down by county. Subtracting 2016 and 2020 margins, we find the biggest (approximate) changes in margin in the following counties.